Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

We spent our day at the beach. A bit windy, water a bit chilly, but overall a beautiful day. My sweetie and I curled up under a beach blanket and played scrabble (on our phones), while the kids swam and dug, then swam and dug some more. I did take some time to catch a few crabs, snap a few photos, and bury a few kids, I couldn't resist. It was a very relaxing day. If you close your eyes real tight and listen to that water and feel that breeze, you can be transported straight to Kauai. Seriously.
She can definitely keep up with those boys out there!

Love these smiles. Just want to bottle them up.

And him too.
Alie said if she could make a wish, it would be that we could have a baby of our own that always stayed little, that never turned two. That would be the best wish of all. I agreed. And then I disagreed.
The beginning of a Memorial Day "Fortress". It is going to be awesome.



These big boys couldn't leave the Jellyfish alone.
These little boys loved climbing the rocks
Lindsay caught over three dozen sandcrabs. She finally convinced Alie that they were gentle. Still, she would only hold the "baby" ones.

When kids get cold, just bury them. It stops the whining almost instantly. Especially when it provides them with a dorsal fin.
This girl loves the ocean.
That was our beach day.
We had a traditional BBQ with corn and watermelon when we got home, and then headed for the park. Alan played "ice cream man" and served up over 40 ice cream cones with four different flavors. I asked him if he was going to bring his big wheel and turn it upside down. He didn't get it. That's how I used to do it.
Happy Day!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Such fun! We had the same idea for the beach! Are we going to see you on the 21st?

Kim said...

So you have a smile bottle? Can I get one? I'd like to save the ones around here too. Also, I'm looking for a pause button. Do you have one of those?
I guess if you did, it would have been big wheel ice cream. I totally used to do that too! Poor deprived Alan.

Laura said...

What a nice day at the beach, I love those kind of days! Let's make sure that happens alot this summer!