Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving Day. We had Thanksgiving at our house this year! It was so fun to have all 19 of us together from the Short side. Not only did we not have to travel, we were able to have 2 nights of slumber together. No one wanted to claim their own bed after our house was emptied out. The turkey turned out perfectly. No picture, just the one in my head of Papa carving it.
The girls spent the morning setting the tables and making centerpieces and name tags. They also made the cutest cupcake turkeys and marshmallow pilgrim hats to go along with our pumpkin and apple pies. Lindsay helped Al make homemade carmels. Yummy.
Along with all of the sugar, we had turkey, ham, rolls, potatoes, and all of our favorite T Day trimmings.
It was all delish. Thanks Mimi and Papa for all of your help.








No family get together would be complete without a few photos. This one was my favorite.
We did our annual nativity early this year, as we won't all be together for Christmas.

Gratitude: Thankfulness. Appreciation. Praise. Honor. Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Janice said...

How wonderful to have all of the Shorts there together! The girls are so cute to make the name cards and help set the table.... im sure they loved that, and you did too :)

Julie said...

Valerie--I love all of the photos you take!! I NEED to get back to taking pictures of my kids and all of the events!! You've inspired me!! Hope you guys are doing well!

Danielle said...

Great pics! I love you Keep Calm Carry On!! I need to get mine framed, you inspire me!! You got a new wall unit in there, looks gorgeous!! can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks:)