Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Chilly day over in Coronado.
Legacy played two games here, which gave us the excuse for the visit. We bundled up, soaked up all of the cool air, and watched the giant sail boats billow.

Two Victories!
The boys rode their scooters over to the Ferry Landing,
while the frozen ones drove over to meet them.
We rescued Justin from the clutches of a one-eyed squid,
and ate at our favorite Italian restaurant. We huddled around the heat lamp, within the plastic walls that attempted to keep the warmth in. ( Pretty wimpy, I know.)
Hot chocolate with chocolate whipping cream was the warming ticket,
along with Cupcakes. Alison and Lindsay were excited to eat a "Velvet Valerie". Tempting, but.. I went with the "Coconut Carla".

3 comments:

Kelly Fam said...

i think "velvet valerie" and "coconut carla" both sound wonderful. I hope you got a taste of each

Sarah said...

what a fun day! can't wait to see you and the fam at scrooge! it's been WAY tooo long!

Laura said...

this post even makes me cold! What's the name of the pizza place in Coronado? I think I heard someone talking about the best pizza ever in Coronado, I wonder if it's the same place...