Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eleven

Lindsay, today you turned 11. Last night, you were a little worried about your big day. You told me that you were not ready to grow up. I bit my lip. You remind me so much of me. Sometimes when I worry about you, I see a miniature me, and know you will survive. You are stronger than you realize. Growing up is a beautiful thing and you have so many wonderful things to look forward to. For now, though, I reassured you that you have two full years until you are a teenager. I asked you if Ryan seemed grown up because he is 13. You agreed that no, he did not. That made you feel better, like it bought you a little time. Take all the time you need. As far as gifts, all you wanted for your birthday was a bird. You didn't get one. You are our little bird. You were so happy with the constellation projector that lights up your ceiling with stars at night. What makes it even better is that it is shaped like a turtle and it projects the light out of the shell. You said that whoever invented it was absolutely brilliant. You also got the American Girl Doll Lindsey. You love that she has freckles and curly hair like you. You have learned to embrace your freckles. We love the tradition of putting up the Christmas tree for your birthday. It gets us all in the spirit. We love you Lindsay Rae, Happy Happy Birthday!!
Red Velvet Cake, your Favorite.



The first two stuffed animals on the tree. For the next few weeks, until we decorate it "properly", our tree goes through many interesting decorating stages. By the end of the night, our tree was filled with animals, star wars guys, etc. Let the Season begin!!

4 comments:

ferntyler said...

I love reading your posts about your children - you are so good at summarizing how they are feeling at each age of their life, what they love, etc.. She is such a beautiful, sweet girl!

Sarah said...

We need to get ourselves a fake tree already!

Happy Bday Lindsay!!

Cami said...

She is gorgeous! Like her mama!

I love that you put your tree up for her birthday!

And, I just love your blog. Every time I read it, I want to be a better mom - thanks!

Kim W said...

Thank you for letting us read about your sweet, tender moments. Totally got tears in my eyes thinking of her turning 11 and being worried about growing up. What a sweetie!