Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunset

I have been trying to live more "in the moment" and not behind my camera. So, when it was time for our ward beach party on Friday night, I packed up our sweatshirts and boogie boards, and grabbed the beach bag (minus the camera). Last time I went to the beach I ended up taking pictures with my phone, but I knew mine was dead, so I was good. Well, so I thought. As the sun started to set, and the colors starting forming around the clouds, I just couldn't take it. I keep a "spare" in the car, you know for emergencies. It is old, and doesn't really hold a charge well, but desperate times call for desperate measures. The sunset was so beautiful, could you blame me? I snapped just a few, trying not to take away from the moment, but wanting to remember. I will remember holding onto three soggy children, with sticky smore faces, and watching their amazement as the sun was sucked down into the water. It is like new babies, amazing and beautiful every time. Ok, so maybe I am a little over the top, but it is pretty cool. Justin said that was the coolest thing he had ever seen. He is still talking about how once the bottom of the sun touches the water, it just gets sucked right down in "like 2 minutes". Ryan was at football, so we will have to go back soon and relive it all over again. And then again. Without the camera. Wink. I am so glad the kids love the beach as much as I do. I love that they ask me even before we get in the car if we can come back tomorrow. It makes for a happy momma.

Alie

Lindsay

both out swimming under a beautiful sky





2 comments:

Kelly Fam said...

wow val. Those are AMAZING. thanks for sharing

Danielle said...

Such great pics! You crack me up. You were BORN to take pics...don't deny the talent!