Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mom, Mom . . .

Mom, Mom, you have got to see this. Hurry mom! A phrase, often heard. right? Tonight, I heard it a lot. The sky was amazing tonight. Justin must have snapped 2 dozen pictures with my phone. This weather has been really unusual. High temps., followed by thunder, lightning, and rain. It has been very exciting around here. The kids had a small fire near the school that was caused by the lightning. Justin was impressed. Ryan even risked his life at football practice, under a lightning rod sky. The coolest thing though, was last night's rainbow. It turned out to be a double rainbow! So cool.




The girls wanted a picture of them under it.
The backyard was spectacular. This was Justin's view from the bathtub upstairs. I heard Mom, mom. . . again. He had all of the shutters open and he was standing up pointing out to the sky. He said he was looking for more rainbows, but found cotton candy sky instead.
I ran to get my camera.
A little bit later, this.
And then, this. So pretty. Nitey Nite.

3 comments:

ferntyler said...

I might have to steal some of your pics - I had a bunch of great ones, too - and then I tried to download the ones from Disney and the rain ones, and I think the card is totally fried, so all the pictures are gone! ouch!

3WimmerBoys said...

OH didn't you just love that double rainbow? It was awesome!

Kelly Fam said...

wow. a couple of those should be framers. i love how the sky is a different color under brilliant rainbows like that. it's like the rainbow separates the sky colors. amazing. thanks for sharing