Sunday, May 23, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful for . . .
Hungry missionaries.
I am thankful for the example that they set and for the positive energy that they bring into our home. These guests are the best to have. They create cooperation and excitement in the children as they help prepare the table, meal, and home. It never gets old. They are like celebrities. They also bring out the giggles.

I am thankful for strong youth and great leaders.
I am thankful for the excitement found in the smallest of things. Like finding yarn on clearance! This girl is a crocheting machine.
I am thankful for creative thinking. Justin is showing off his onion ring bracelet.
I am thankful that the three loves of her life, (besides her daddy), are boys under the age of two. Noah, Fox, and "her" Thomas.
I am thankful for slight changes in the weather (recent wind) that take their imaginations to a different place. And I have to remind myself, but I am also thankful for the messes that they make, especially when they are doing it together. That is my favorite thing with a cherry on top. The togetherness, not the messes. And those are my thankful thoughts for the day.

1 comment:

Kim W said...

Today I am thankful for friends who find the beauty in everyday life. Thanks for sharing this!