Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Change in the Weather

Lightning, flooding, gray skies, dense rain, high wind, and even a tornado watch have been extreme weather for us. It has been different, which is exciting! The creek near our house carries the sound of rushing water. Justin said he could see a waterfall from his preschool playground. The creek runs along the back bank of the school and through many parts of our surrounding community. Justin is happy that the crocodiles will have much more water to swim in.
We love this movie. The kids request it over and over. (I see you smiling Grandpa.)

Our latest love is homemade ice cream. This was the best batch yet - "Strawberry, Blackberry, Raspberry." After marinating the berries in lemon juice and sugar for two hours, you mix in more sugar, cream, and milk, and vanilla. It is amazing. We can't get enough, even in this cold weather. Lindsay's next endeavor is Pineapple Sorbet. The ice cream maker was my favorite Christmas gift. It will be the "gift that keeps giving". I now buy heavy whipping cream in bulk at Costco.

I haven't been blogging, because I have discovered digital scrapbooking. Little bits of time here and there have been devoted to that. Here are pics I pulled off my camera from the last couple of weeks. These two girls have had a few days off from their regular activities because of the weather, and made some extreme sports of their own. . .

Frisbee. Alie would giggle and say to the clouds,
"Just hold it a little longer."

nice "move" Linds


(Sorry to interrupt your game for this picture, girls:) They love to play four square. They like to make up new rules to make it more fun. Lately, they have both been working on their "volleyball" hits.

This guy does not like to have his picture taken. Can you tell? He does, however, enjoy drawing one. I usually find some sort of sign on his door. This is his latest one . .
It replaced, "Justin and Ryan's Room. Manliness required to enter."

His newest endeavor is to cure the "non-flushers" in our family. I will not mention names, but there are several members of this family who just can not remember to pull that little lever. He has taken it upon himself to gently remind those people by putting signs on each of the bathroom doors in our house. Here is one of the five.

Another one said, Drafty smell? Toilets' clogged?
visit www.justflush.com or call 1-800-its-tnks.
He recently helped Justin make his "monster" truck for a primary activity.

My bathroom has become a hair salon.
but, Doesn't she look loverly?
I love when they all play together, it is my #1 favorite mom thing.
We recently got the girls each their own desks. Lindsay has made over a dozen new baby chicks, while Alie has been practicing over a dozen Taylor Swift songs while she doodles away.

Rain = puddles.

"Putting their heads together"

Today it is Wednesday. The sky is beautiful. The clouds are "holding it" and the blue is shining through. What a sight!
The sand is so great when it is damp.
I love my new calling. These little boys are so much fun!
Last Sunday they were asked to finish this sentence in sharing time, "I know" . . .
My class said things like " I love my dad." or "I can pray.", Justin piped up with, " I know that I can read the scriptures every day, but what I really want to say is that Jesus can guide us out of the darkness. When it is really dark, he can help us find our way out with his rod, he just pulls us out, he doesn't let us slip into the water" I am thinking that this statement is related to his strong love of Star Wars, "darkness, dark side", I don't know, and a bit of love for the scriptures, he really wants his own set.
The search is Over . . .
Welcome Home Squirrely!!!

6 comments:

Kim W said...

Great pictures! I love your comments. I can hear your voice. What type of digital scrapbooking are you doing? I'm just starting to get into it too.

Valerie said...

Actually, I am just doing shutterfly and blurb books. I love that there is no mess. I remember back in the day, all of the paper scraps and boxes of photos, my table would be covered. This is quite hard to put away though, it is really fun.

Cami said...

Great catch-up post, Val! Your kids are the sweetest - and you are so patient with them, I can just tell.
And, yes, you gotta love the Grandpa Jerry smile - it's classic!

Schild Family in the O.C. said...

How much fun! Thank your Hubby for sending your blog address I misplaced after Christmas. I sill have my pictures of "little Ryan" and little Hayden in the same pose on my desk at school. I keep saying it, but give us a call when you are in the OC.
Nat

ferntyler said...

I love those shutterfly books, i just wish they picked the pictures out for you, I love looking through all the pics, but it takes me forever! more great pictures - my kids loved the rain, too :)

Sarah said...

You Garlocks LOVE your ice cream! Your parents are always stopping by with Baskin Robbins for us- YUMMY! Darren and I eat it almost every night. Where can I buy that ice cream maker? Email me. It looks SO good!