Saturday, October 17, 2009

Little Bits . . .

Little bits of this and that . . .
Some things are just too hard to resist. Cookie dough and Justin's big "baby blues" are just a couple. He's got the look down. Such a good little puppy. So, when I get a request to make cookies from this little guy, I usually give in. He especially likes to crank the handle up and down and use the numbers to determine the mixing speed.


Lindsay is back in soccer this season, and has been "training" at school by running again this year. Inspiration that spilled over from her father, no doubt.
I am not sure where her craftiness originates. Making little ghosts and a new little mousey for Jack.
Our favorite - pumpkin bread w/chocolate chips. Seriously, isn't everything better with just a bit of chocolate?



Shirts are very useful napkins when there is not a tablecloth to wipe yourself on.
We said goodbye to "Alie McPhee" . . .
and hello to family who visited us. We love cousin sleepovers.
These little boys played outside until after dark in bare feet. Where is our Fall weather? I just noticed the oven mitt in the pic, hmmm. . . . mystery solved.


Mimi and Papa came for an overnight visit as well. I am a sucker for sunsets. I try not to miss them. I am weird. I love this pic of Mimi with Alie.

Yikes!! This is not as bad as it looks. I guess that is easy for me to say. Papa helped us install additional overhead lighting in our bedroom. He literally put his sweat and blood into the job as he crawled up into our attic and was jabbed by an overhead protruding nail. The first thing the boys wanted was of course, the camera. Thanks Papa, this really helped to bring out our Halloween spirit!!
Yikes!! This is as bad as it looks. We officially have an iron man trainee living with us. He has been swimming, running, and now that he has his new friend to ride, biking.
Sweet Shades

Lindsay had a field trip to Torrey Pines State Reserve. I was able to help chaparone with Justin. We hiked down to the beach below where we picnicked with her classmates.

Saturday soccer, then . . .BYU Football Game!



Victory!! . . . and that's That!

3 comments:

Kim W said...

We had a blast at the game too. I didn't think to take pictures. You're so good! Congrats to Al for prepping for the Iron Man! So impressive!

Sarah said...

Val cute pics! I need your pumpkin bread recipe!

ferntyler said...

so many fun things, yet all I can think about is that horrible blood-gushing from his head one - eek! I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it looks, cuz it looks bad!
sweet new toy for Alan.
I love the picture of you cooking with the kids, too :)