Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where's Waldo?

I am not sure where Waldo is in this picture, but I am pretty sure he is there somewhere. On Saturday, after Alison's game in Carlsbad in 101 degree weather, we headed straight for Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. Apparently, everyone else had the same idea. It was unreal. I have never seen anything like it, but the ocean made room for all to share, and the kids didn't mind one bit.

After body surfing with their dads, the girls claimed their own piece of real estate to dig up, build, and explore.
The girls with a few teammates and siblings. Note: Justin in the background making a "crab trap".

Ryan found some "private time" by moving down shore a bit. The waves were slightly bigger here. Without people to dodge, he was in heaven. The ocean is so beautiful!


Later that night, as Alan and I drove down to La Jolla, exhausted from the day, there was the most beautiful sunset. What a sight it was to see the temple illuminated with such beautiful color. I guess I am a little sentimental that way. Alan would say I am a tree-hugger at heart.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

what a beautiful beach!

I am SO excited about the furniture---darren is going to head to SD early Sat am. Sad I won't be able to see you guys, but joette says the truck is too bumpy for me! :(

Sunshine said...

What a wonderful day! Isn't the beach one of the most perfect places?...Everyone has something to do and it's free!