Saturday, August 14, 2010

Big Bear Weekend Part II. We took the kids to the Animal Rescue Reserve. It is a tiny "zoo" where injured animals from the surrounding area are taken. Some are missing limbs, some just need TLC, but all are fun to watch. Some favorites were: The one armed Bear who performed Kung Fu with a stick. The Sitting Bear. The Sleeping Fox. The Wrestling Coyotes. Sarah, Percy, and Bill ( three baby owls). The Bald Eagle Brothers. The "Statue" owl. Snowy owl. There were a lot of owls. Lots of Wildlife Fun.

Lindsay loved this guy. His expression was hilarious.

Sleeping takes cute and then brings it up a notch.
I feel the same way about my kiddos.
Ahh, togetherness.




Back at the cabin, the kids worked all afternoon and into the night digging up rocks with sticks and making a fort. They were filthy and happy on our ride down the mountain.

The making of a Fortress

This little girl is as sweet as she looks. She must have gotten a dozen mosquito bites. Funny thing is, I didn't get one while I was out watching them. I must not be as sweet as I thought. At least I am not the only rotten one, nobody else got any either.
These guys were doing an excellent job of excavating rocks. Thanks for taking a moment to give me this great pose.

1 comment:

Andi said...

It was a super fun weekend. Kung Fu Bear was definitely a highlight with our family!!!